- The state of the tide when it is turning, especially at low tide.More example sentences
- Choose a neap tide and slack water in good weather conditions, and even then there is normally a healthy swell with which to contend.
- They are much more likely to be found tucked into the lee of the wreck, only spreading out at slack water and on neap tides.
- It is best done on slack water during a neap tide; the smaller the tidal range, the better.
More definitions of slack waterDefinition of slack water in:
- The British & World English dictionary