Definition of slacker in English:
1A person who avoids work or effort.
- Antoine is a layabout slacker who lives in a lounge at a health club where a friend lets him stay.
- For the most part they're the seekers, slackers, and free spirits who tend to avoid the straight life, such as it is, for as long as they can.
- In short, they are slackers - but, to their credit, slackers with jobs.
1.2chiefly North American A young person (especially in the 1990s) of a subculture characterized by apathy and aimlessness.
- Despite their slacker stereotype, many members of Generation X have grown up to be useful and productive members of society.
- No one can represent an entire generation - including hippies, slackers, and dotcom CEOs.
- They were a large part of slacker culture, and became poster boys for Generation X.