Definition of slacker in English:
1A person who avoids work or effort.
- Antoine is a layabout slacker who lives in a lounge at a health club where a friend lets him stay.
- For the most part they're the seekers, slackers, and free spirits who tend to avoid the straight life, such as it is, for as long as they can.
- In short, they are slackers - but, to their credit, slackers with jobs.
1.2chiefly North American A young person (especially in the 1990s) of a subculture characterized by apathy and aimlessness.
- Despite their slacker stereotype, many members of Generation X have grown up to be useful and productive members of society.
- No one can represent an entire generation - including hippies, slackers, and dotcom CEOs.
- They were a large part of slacker culture, and became poster boys for Generation X.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan