1A ski race down a winding course marked by flags or poles.
- More than 400 competitors from 40 countries will take part in half-pipe, big air, snowboard-cross, parallel giant slalom and parallel slalom.
- I kept finding myself so close to the gate I could have crossblocked them like a slalom course.
- Could Killy himself pull off a hat trick of Olympic victories at Grenoble in downhill, giant slalom, and slalom?
1.1A sporting event on water with a winding course marked by obstacles, typically a canoe or sailing race.
- Bill Endicott, team leader for the USA Canoe / Kayak whitewater slalom team, received an important phone call Saturday night.
- The second day is a slalom event where sailors race around a short course with many turns.
- Canoe slalom is one of the most spectacular Olympic watersports, demanding skill, stamina and courage.
Move or race in a winding path, avoiding obstacles: she drove with reckless speed, slaloming in and out of the stalled cars
More example sentences
- Campos makes an immediate impression, just as he did against Slovenia, slaloming through the German penalty area.
- Huckerby slalomed into the penalty area and was crudely bundled over by Matthew Taylor.
- Braking means not only the heel brake, but alternative speed control methods like the T-stop, slaloming, toe-drag, and others.
- Example sentences
- The magazine was published during 1986 and 1995 and was sent by post to slalomers all over the world.
- But I've seen videos of good slalomers, and some of them seem to have very high stance angles.
- This is normally done after all the other slalomers have completed their runs.
1920s: from Norwegian slalåm, literally 'sloping track'.
Words that rhyme with slalomHaarlem, Harlem, Malayalam
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.