- A style of playing double bass or bass guitar by pulling and releasing the strings sharply against the fingerboard, used for effect in jazz or popular music.More example sentences
- But that doesn't quite capture how alien sounding it actually is - it isn't quite funk, but it is funky, full of slap bass, slashing guitar riffs and loads of percussion.
- The club was a cacophony of down tuned guitars, slap bass and the drummer's double kick.
- So maybe he'll do the rounds and give us a slap bass solo next!
- More example sentences
- He flows like a slap bassist, performing exhausting rudiments in too-tight spaces with little grace and even less rhythm.
- Sure, Wooten is good, but he's a slap bassist for one, and specializes in soloing pretty much.
- Instead the slap bassist returns to his hard-core rockabilly and roots-rock days on this high-energy outing.
More definitions of slap bassDefinition of slap bass in:
- The British & World English dictionary