A fast-growing, long-needled pine found in low-lying coastal areas (slashes) of the southeastern US, commonly harvested for timber.
- Pinus elliottii, family Pinaceae
More example sentences
- The open canopy consists of longleaf pine with occasional slash pine.
- In Ocala National Forest, foresters and local volunteers replaced slash pine with stronger, more resilient longleaf pine.
- In wetter soils, slash pine replaces most longleafs.
Definition of slash pine in:
- The British & World English dictionary