Definition of sleaze in English:
1Immoral, sordid, and corrupt behavior or material, especially in business or politics: political campaigns that are long on sleaze and short on substance
More example sentences
- And evils like corruption, bribery, sleaze and fraud leave an impact on young minds that yearn for an avenue to let their radical thoughts out.
- But behind the make-up was a hotbed of corruption, violence, sleaze and racism that ruled the streets of Shanghai.
- I have closely followed the debate on the pros and cons of the European Union and make no secret of my distress that we belong to this body of sleaze, corruption and its anti-democratic practices.
1.1 informal , chiefly North American A sordid, corrupt, or immoral person.
- But to so-called scholars, Italians are born sleazes and Machiavelli was the King Sleazo.
- The service is on the poor side and as I said on the weekends it is packed with classless sleazes.
- When standing on the dancefloor, I could have been in any typical club around Leicester Square or Piccadilly Circus… plenty of drunks, try-hards, sleazes, idiots, and easy girls all packed in.
verb[no object] informal Back to top
Behave in an immoral, corrupt, or sordid way: you’re the last person who has to sleaze around bars
More example sentences
- And it's this guy who was sleazing onto me at my recent house party.
- So I was showing her affection and everyone was thinking, what's this guy doing, sleazing all over her?
- And Susan's been sleazing all over Sean for the past week-'
1960s: back-formation from sleazy.
Words that rhyme with sleazeAchinese, Ambonese, appease, Assamese, Balinese, Belize, Beninese, Bernese, bêtise, Bhutanese, breeze, Burmese, Cantonese, Castries, cerise, cheese, chemise, Chinese, Cingalese, Cleese, Congolese, Denise, Dodecanese, ease, éminence grise, expertise, Faroese, freeze, Fries, frieze, Gabonese, Genoese, Goanese, Guyanese, he's, Japanese, Javanese, jeez, journalese, Kanarese, Keys, Lebanese, lees, legalese, Louise, Macanese, Madurese, Maltese, marquise, Milanese, Nepalese, officialese, overseas, pease, Pekinese, Peloponnese, Piedmontese, please, Portuguese, Pyrenees, reprise, Rwandese, seise, seize, Senegalese, she's, Siamese, Sienese, Sikkimese, Sinhalese, sneeze, squeeze, Stockton-on-Tees, Sudanese, Sundanese, Surinamese, Tabriz, Taiwanese, tease, Tees, telegraphese, these, Timorese, Togolese, trapeze, valise, Viennese, Vietnamese, vocalese, wheeze
Definition of sleaze in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia