Definition of slider in English:
1A knob or lever that is moved horizontally or vertically to control a variable, such as the volume of a radio.
- The player contains the expected transport controls as well as sliders for volume and balance, or pan position.
- This was fixed by converting the gear lever to operation via an electrical slider controlled from the handlebars.
- ‘And a bit unnerving for the rest of us,’ said Reg from the vast bank of sliders and other controls.
2 Baseball A pitch that moves laterally as it nears home plate.
- In the game, Cheney threw 228 pitches, including fastballs, knucklers, sliders and curveballs.
- The difference now, though, is Reichert is more willing to rely on his fastball and save the slider for his out pitch.
- He hasn't had great control of his slider, and a few hanging changeups have been hit for homers.
3A small hamburger or other hot sandwich made with a soft bun.
- Perhaps its most serious competition are the ‘meatball sliders’, made with beef, veal and pork on tiny, bouncy garlic rolls.
- Chef Shawn Knight is preparing roasted suckling pig, andouille sausage, pulled-pork sliders and other pigcentric dishes.
- The sandwich has become the house special—from the scrumptious steak slider with pickles and onions to the sinful Nutella dessert panini.
4A North American freshwater turtle with a red or yellow patch on the side of the head.
- Genus Trachemys (or Pseudemys), family Emydidae: several species, in particular the red-eared (or pond) slider (T. scripta)
- The pond slider has expanded its range through the careless release of pets into the wild.
- The red-ear slider turtle named Lucky is the only survivor of about 150 animals.
- Lillian's fascination with turtles began at age nine, when she received a red-eared slider as a pet.
Definition of slider in:
- British & World English dictionary