Definition of slim jim in English:
1A very slim person or thing, in particular.
- The only complication was going from ‘Alfie the slim jim’ to ‘Alfie the big boned’
- Only one is skate related which is Rollerblade the rest are levi's, slim jim, naya water, speed stick, espn and espn2.
- The knot to which Americans gave my name was a double knot in a narrow tie - a ''slim Jim'' as it is sometimes called.
1.2 (also Slim Jim) trademark A long thin variety of smoked sausage.
- Popular options include scallions, a hunk of lobster tail, cooked and peeled shrimp or prawns, dill pickle spear, beef jerky, slim jims, asparagus, speared tomatoes, cucumber spears, or pepperoncinis or small jalapeno peppers.
- I had a meal of vending machine delicacies for supper last night, including two slim jim small salami sticks.
- I just ate a Slim Jim and my neck turned bright red.
1.3 trademark A long flexible metal strip with a hooked end, used by car thieves and others for entering a locked vehicle.
- A tool needs to be suitable for its intended job, which explains why locksmiths use a slim jim instead of a blowtorch.
- Slim Jims are used to unlock automobile doors without use of a key or lock pick.
- Made of nickel plated spring steel this slim jim tool measures 22 inches long, 1.25 inches wide and only .7mm thin.
Definition of slim jim in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan