- A simple organism that consists of an acellular mass of creeping jellylike protoplasm containing nuclei, or a mass of ameboid cells. When it reaches a certain size it forms a large number of spore cases.
More example sentences
- Division Myxomycota, kingdom Fungi, in particular the class Myxomycetes; also treated as protozoan (phylum Gymnomyxa, kingdom Protista)
- Multiple rows are observed in the glaucophycean algae, some red algae, chlorophycean and ulvophycean green algae, the slime mold Dictyostelium and the tunicates.
- The slime mold's simple life cycle and the ability to grow large numbers of cells easily, together with the possibility of genetic manipulation, make it an attractive system for developmental study.
- The nematode is clustered with the acellular slime mold, the cellular slime mold, the malaria parasite, and the dysentery amoeba.
More definitions of slime moldDefinition of slime mold in:
- The British & World English dictionary