- 1(In sewing) a loose stitch joining layers of fabric and not visible externally.More example sentences
- Another thought on knitting socks, consider using a slip stitch fabric (slip, knit, slip knit, etc) for your toes, at least the top.
- It took me about 4 weeks to finish, I actually had to rip half of the front because I had finished it, but I hadn't realized that I had made the ‘slip stitch edging’ wrong (ok, I hadn't made it).
- The crunch stitch is a combination half double crochets and slip stitches alternating back & forth.
- 2 [often as modifier] Knitting A type of stitch in which the stitches are moved from one needle to the other without being knitted: a slip-stitch patternMore example sentences
- The pattern was taken from Knitters Magazine Summer 2005 edition and it's a slip stitch pattern.
- Tuck in the seam allowances of the lining and slip stitch the opening closed.
- To give a better finish and a lacy look to the dress, stitch slip stitches around the arms and neck with a wire of contrast shade.
verb(slip-stitch) [with object] Back to top
- Sew or knit using slip stitches.More example sentences
- Optionally the hand slip-stitching may extend all the way or may not through both front-shaped portions.
- The edges of the ruffle are slip-stitched by hand in order to give an era-appropriate look.
- The top portion and the veils were cut as a single piece, slip-stitched to the outer lining of the hood.
More definitions of slip stitchDefinition of slip stitch in:
- The British & World English dictionary