- • informal Make a careless error: they often slipped up when it came to spellingMore example sentences
- As these volumes demonstrate, scholars take endless pleasure in drawing attention to the great man's shortcomings, as it is in the moments when he slips up that Holmes becomes almost human.
- She only feels ill when she slips up and eats dairy products.
- It is said in Washington that a gaffe is when someone slips up and tells the truth.
More definitions of slip upDefinition of slip up in:
- The British & World English dictionary