Definition of slipover in English:
A pullover, typically one without sleeves.
- When it was cold, knee length, turned over socks and woollen jerseys were worn, whilst in the summer short sleeved shirts and Fair Isle slipovers were popular.
- These slipovers are also highly durable and are great for rental costumes.
- Hosiery constitutes 22% of import (mostly from China), slipovers, jackets, and sweaters - 17%, and knitwear polo shirts, tee-shirts, and underwaists - 16%.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
(Of a garment) designed to be put on over the head: a slipover sweater
More example sentences
- The little slipover number fit beautifully, although my friend didn't remember her mother ever wearing it.
- The present invention relates as indicated to slipover headrest pillows in general and to an easily assembled and installed slipover headrest pillow assembly in particular.
- Buy this lambswool Slipover Jumper online from the top brands.
Definition of slipover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan