- A couplet of Sanskrit verse, especially one in which each line contains sixteen syllables.More example sentences
- With Sanskrit slokas, mantras and verses from the Upanishads, Sacred Chants is set to a background of western music.
- The two read out lines from Srinivas' number peppered with Sanskrit slokas and punctuated with melody.
- In its one-and-half hour show, the troupe will deliver its dialogues in English, sing slokas in Sanskrit, have sword fights and dance ballets - all in an Olympic-sized swimming pool in the Aquatic Complex in Guindy.
from Sanskrit ṡloka 'noise, praise'.
More definitions of slokaDefinition of sloka in:
- The British & World English dictionary