- A neutron with low kinetic energy, especially after moderation.More example sentences
- The first genuine transuranic element was discovered at Berkeley, where Edwin McMillan used Lawrence's cyclotron in 1939 to bombard uranium with slow neutrons.
- In a series of experiments, he also found that slow neutrons were efficient agents of nuclear transformations and won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1938.
- Much to Fermi's surprise, the slow neutrons were extremely effective in the production of nuclear reactions.
More definitions of slow neutronDefinition of slow neutron in:
- The British & World English dictionary