- A virus or viruslike organism that multiplies slowly in the host organism and has a long incubation period.More example sentences
- Modern epidemics of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE, Mad Cow's disease) are attributed to the slow virus contamination of human brain tissue by using animal cultures in grafts and drug products.
- ‘Maybe it's like the turtle and the hare,’ he says, and the slow virus will eventually win.
- Eventually, they identify kuru as a brain-affecting slow virus.
More definitions of slow virusDefinition of slow virus in:
- The British & World English dictionary