nounchiefly North American or • archaic
- A lazy person who stays in bed late.More example sentences
- I was awake at 6: 00 a.m. while the hardened slugabeds wanted to sleep the day away.
- I'm hoping to get a few more from lollygaggers and slugabeds.
- This time though, his team were not the slugabeds who had toiled so morosely against Austria, Poland and England in Manchester.
late 16th century: from the rare verb slug 'be lazy or slow' + abed.
More definitions of slugabedDefinition of slugabed in:
- The British & World English dictionary