- A local court in which claims for small sums of money can be heard and decided quickly and cheaply, without legal representation.More example sentences
- Hundreds of years ago manorial courts acted as local parliaments, small claims courts and land registry.
- If the period is longer than three months then you have lost the right to a tribunal, however you can claim through the small claims court which has the power to go back six years.
- If all this fails to inspire them to act, you may have to resort to the legal system through the small claims court or other redress.
More definitions of small claims courtDefinition of small claims court in:
- The British & World English dictionary