Definition of smashing in English:
adjectiveinformal, chiefly British
Excellent; wonderful: you look smashing!
More example sentences
- Thank you everyone, marvellous entertainment and smashing, friendly people, lots of them!
- But as the years go by, we realize what a smashing wonderful star she was.
- Letting famous film directors direct operas has resulted in both smashing successes and dismal failures.
- Example sentences
- The tour is going absolutely, smashingly well.
- Zen 8 was out of salmon skin, but we hit the jackpot at Sushi Kawa - the salmon was smashingly crispy, the rolls expertly composed.
- Everything comes together smashingly, in an extended dénouement that… reasserts the power of stories and songs to represent, sustain and complete us.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.