Definition of smog in English:
Fog or haze combined with smoke and other atmospheric pollutants.
- If there is a quantity of smoke or other airborne pollutant particles present, it is known as smog.
- Lavanya cannot believe our clear atmosphere after London smog and fog, the huge horizon and the sunsets.
- The clouds of smog and smoke did block out a good bit of the sun, meaning it shouldn't be too hot for travel.
- Example sentences
- In a week or so,. New York's climate will lurch into summer gear: 95 degrees and up, humid, and smoggy.
- The whole L.A. Basin was smoggy or hazy today, and my lungs hurt.
- Observe fire ordinances and don't use your firepit on no-burn days or when it's smoggy or windy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan