A small European shark that typically lives close to the bottom in shallow waters.
- Genus Mustelus, family Triakidae: two species
More example sentences
- These smooth hounds can regularly reach double figures and provide fantastic sport to light balanced tackle.
- According to official landing statistics, the number of smooth hounds being fished has decreased steadily during the last 20 years, most probably being an indication from severe over-fishing.
- Mainly we anchor and fish into or over the banks, this normally produces good results with bass showing at the tops of the banks and smooth hounds and thornbacks in the gullies.
Definition of smooth hound in:
- The British & World English dictionary