noun[treated as singular] North American • informal
- 1A throw of two ones with a pair of dice.More example sentences
- If a player now rolls snake eyes, then that player is ‘entitled’ to lose a turn.
- Would you please advise me what the probability is of rolling snake eyes on a pair of dice is?
- The term snake eyes is the outcome of rolling the dice in a game of craps and getting only one pip on each die.
- 1.1The worst possible result; a complete lack of success: his elegant, amusing book sadly came up snake eyesMore example sentences
- The two Alexandres initially sought out a larger, industrial space, but what with zoning laws and such, they came up snake eyes.
- I looked for Michael Bay's name on the credits but came up snake eyes.
- His attempts come up snake eyes - maybe it's just me, but I can't stand Thomas' overwrought acting style (he seems to play everything as if he's working on a community college production).
More definitions of snake eyesDefinition of snake eyes in:
- The British & World English dictionary