Definition of snakebark maple in English:
A maple tree with longitudinal pale stripes on the bark.
- Genus Acer, family Aceraceae: several species, in particular A. davidii of eastern Asia and the striped maple of North America
- The David Maple is widely considered to be the most attractive of the stribebark or snakebark maples.
- A wonderful addition to the Japanese-inspired garden are snakebark maples whose striped green bark looks like garter snakes.
- There are trees with beautiful barks such as snakebark maples and birches, and species that will thrive in containers, hollies, bay laurel and dwarf conifers.
Definition of snakebark maple in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan