Definition of snakebark maple in English:
A maple tree with longitudinal pale stripes on the bark.
- Genus Acer, family Aceraceae: several species, in particular A. davidii of eastern Asia and the striped maple of North America
- The David Maple is widely considered to be the most attractive of the stribebark or snakebark maples.
- A wonderful addition to the Japanese-inspired garden are snakebark maples whose striped green bark looks like garter snakes.
- There are trees with beautiful barks such as snakebark maples and birches, and species that will thrive in containers, hollies, bay laurel and dwarf conifers.
Definition of snakebark maple in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.