Definition of snapdragon in English:
A plant of the figwort family, bearing spikes of brightly colored two-lobed flowers that gape like a mouth when a bee lands on the curved lip.
- Genus Antirrhinum, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular the widely cultivated A. majus
- There are a number of cool-season vegetables to plant, along with flowers such as dianthus, petunias, snapdragons and violas.
- Plant several poppies as your tall center flowers, then add colorful snapdragons or blue salvia, candytuft, pansies, and sweet alyssum or Dusty Miller to fill out your container.
- Seed sowing is well under way now, especially for plants like snapdragons and pansies which germinate early and take time to grow to a decent size.
Words that rhyme with snapdragonbandwagon • jargon
Definition of snapdragon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan