Definition of snipe fly in English:
A slender, long-legged predatory fly.
- Family Rhagionidae: many genera and species
- Biting snipe flies appeared in large numbers on 15 June and then declined, being nearly gone on 25 July.
- In the true flies (order Diptera) there are mosquitoes, midges, black flies, crane flies, snipe flies, hover flies, and shore flies.
- Flies such as house flies, horn flies, stable flies, greenhead flies, deer flies, snipe flies, black flies and whatever other unfavorites you can think of breed in the manure and feed on the horse's blood.
Definition of snipe fly in:
- British & World English dictionary