Definition of snow crab in English:
An edible spider crab found off the eastern seaboard of Canada.
- Chionoecetes opilio, section Oxyrhyncha
- Scavengers like the snow crab and American lobster underwent incredible population explosions as the cod stocks collapsed.
- Fisheries managers apply a continuous growth model in their management of snow crab, which assumes that male crabs increase in size throughout their lifespan.
- The village's three fish plants employ more than 400 people who are kept busy, at least seasonally, processing lobster, snow crab, and groundfish.
Definition of snow crab in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan