nounchiefly North American
- A day on which a school or other institution is closed due to heavy snowfall or other extreme winter weather.More example sentences
- Georgia's governor is trying to save fuel by declaring snow days for public schools.
- I heard there've been over a dozen school snow days, compared to three or four a season in recent years.
- A lot of kids got snow days today including my daughter who gets to sleep in this morning.
More definitions of snow dayDefinition of snow day in:
- The British & World English dictionary