Definition of snow goose in English:
A gregarious goose that breeds in Arctic Canada and Greenland, typically having white plumage with black wing tips.
- Anser caerulescens, family Anatidae
- Waterfowl that can be found here include Canada goose, yellow-billed loon, arctic loon, red-throated loon, tundra swan, whistling swan, snow goose, oldsquaw duck and sea ducks.
- I eventually did get a chance at the scope and could see why this was a Ross's goose and not a snow goose by the shape of the face and the size of the bill in relation to the head.
- At the opening a recorded voice told of the Artic tern, the snow goose, and the tundra swan.
Definition of snow goose in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India