A rare large cat that has pale gray fur patterned with dark blotches and rings, living in the Altai mountains, Hindu Kush, and Himalayas. Also called ounce2.
- Panthera uncia, family Felidae
More example sentences
- Among the world's botanically richest sites, the sanctuaries are also home to other endangered animals such as the red panda and the snow leopard.
- The bald eagle, the gray whale, and the snow leopard are three such creatures.
- Found above the tree line and near permanent snow in central Asia's dry mountainous country, the snow leopard has been prized as a hunter's trophy, destroyed as a predator of domestic flocks, and sought as a source of valuable fur.
Definition of snow leopard in:
- The British & World English dictionary