Definition of snowbell in English:
An Asian tree related to the storax, bearing clusters of fragrant white hanging flowers at midsummer, widely cultivated as an ornamental.
- Styrax japonica, family Styracaceae
- Other woody plants include fragrant sumac, evergreen sumac, little walnut, Mexican buckeye, Texas persimmon, Texas snowbell, and western white honeysuckle.
- Jean's fragrant snowbell accents a corner of the house and scents the air around the bench with its springtime blooms.
- Star magnolias, Japanese snowbell, dogwoods, and a white fringe tree are planted on either side of another bluestone path that cuts through the sophisticated woodland.
Definition of snowbell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan