Definition of snowberry in English:
noun (plural snowberries)
A North American shrub of the honeysuckle family, bearing white berries and often cultivated as an ornamental or for hedging.
- Symphoricarpos albus, family Caprifoliaceae
- However, in hedgerows, aliens like fuchsia, buddleia and snowberry are pushing out native species like spindle and guelder rose.
- In the autumn it is intended to plant fruiting species of trees, including gelda rose, hawthorn, hazel, thorn and snowberry.
- Along the walls and raised beds I planted ferns, vine maple, Indian plum, ocean spray, snowberry, currants, and other low-maintenance shrubs.
Words that rhyme with snowberrycrowberry
Definition of snowberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan