- 1A flake of snow, especially a feathery ice crystal, typically displaying delicate sixfold symmetry.More example sentences
- He watched the tiny snowflakes drift onto his black jean pants.
- They slowly walked down the road as the tiny white snowflakes fell lightly to the ground.
- Natalie loved the snow and she stood at her window watching the snowflakes fall.
- 2A white-flowered Eurasian plant related to and resembling the snowdrop, typically blooming in the summer or autumn.
More example sentences
- Genus Leucojum, family Liliaceae (or Amaryllidaceae)
- The summer snowflake also belongs to this group of taller plants.
- In between the hellebores we have planted Leucojum aestivum, the summer snowflake.
- Summer flowering plants are indicated by the Latin name aestate; there's Leucojum aestivum, the summer snowflake, and Adonis aestivalis from the buttercup family.
More definitions of snowflakeDefinition of snowflake in:
- The British & World English dictionary