Definition of snowy plover in English:
A small white-breasted plover related to the ringed plover, found on most continents.
- Charadrius alexandrinus, family Charadriidae
- The majority or snowy plovers return to the same site year after year to breed and raise their young.
- At the time the species was listed, approximately 1,500 western snowy plovers nested in the United States.
- The major threats to the snowy plover are dewatering, loss of wetland habitats and human disturbance at nest sites.
Definition of snowy plover in:
- British & World English dictionary