Definition of snuffer in English:
1A small hollow metal cone on the end of a handle, used to extinguish a candle by smothering the flame.
- Many experts believe that you should use a snuffer when extinguishing flames.
- Francesca used the snuffer to extinguish all but one candle.
- To prevent flying sparks and spattering wax, use a snuffer instead of blowing out the flame.
1.1 (usually snuffers or candlesnuffers) An implement resembling scissors with an inverted metal cup attached to one blade, used to extinguish a candle or trim its wick.
- He later claims that he and his wife are as ‘united… as the candlestick and the snuffers.’
- Plates, chalices, candleholders, candle snuffers, bells, knives, incense burners, and such items are obviously made for more than just Circle use.
- The caldrons also, and the shovels, and the snuffers, and the bowls, and the spoons, and all the vessels of brass wherewith they ministered, took they away.
Definition of snuffer in:
- British & World English dictionary