Definition of soapwort in English:
A plant of the pink family, with fragrant pink or white flowers and leaves that were formerly used to make soap.
- Saponaria officinalis, family Caryophyllaceae
- I had wormwood, soapwort, dill, yarrow, tarragon, chives, rosemary, lavender, angelica, many kinds of basil and thymes.
- The herb soapwort is excellent for this purpose.
- Among ornamental plants, slugs and snails avoid foxgloves, many species in the daisy family, lavateras, hollyhocks, azaleas, Euphorbia, perennial Geraniums, mulleins and Stachys lanata, soapwort, lungwort and hibiscus.
Definition of soapwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.