Definition of social drinker in English:
A person who drinks alcohol chiefly on social occasions and only in moderate quantities.
- Arora and colleagues studied the impact of ranitidine on the blood alcohol levels of social drinkers.
- The key targets are social drinkers, those who do not necessarily drink to get drunk, yet who may be irreparably damaging their livers nonetheless through constant consumption.
- Researchers Dieter Meyerhoff of UCSF and Peter Martin of Vanderbilt scanned the brains of 46 heavy social drinkers and 52 light drinkers.
social drinking noun
- Example sentences
- Maybe he started gambling, social drinking, and heavy eating precisely because he thought they were morally acceptable, but never got into drugs precisely because he thought they were morally wrong.
- Occasions of loneliness, depression, and jealousy led to increased social drinking which became alcoholism and that took years for them both to admit and conquer.
- And there is no such a thing as restricted consumption or social drinking for those prone to liquor addiction.
Definition of social drinker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan