The application of sociological principles to specific social problems.
More example sentences
- This bill is a politically correct job of social engineering, and this Parliament should reject it.
- The government must take on the onerous task of social engineering.
- Our sense of shared identity ought not be driven by chauvinism, defensiveness or partisan social engineering.
- More example sentences
- Before you dismiss this agenda as the pie-in-the-sky wish list of wannabe social engineers, consider the trajectory of the Twinkie tax, which has gone from reductio ad absurdum to serious policy proposal in just a few years.
- If we believe in free markets, we should let them work without the distortions imposed by social engineers.
- In this century, however, the open-ended character of the biotech and life sciences revolution suggests we now may have the tools to accomplish what social engineers failed to do in the past.
More definitions of social engineeringDefinition of social engineering in:
- The British & World English dictionary