- The branch of psychology that deals with social interactions, including their origins and their effects on the individual.More example sentences
- A great deal of research in social psychology has been devoted to examining the effects of ‘fear appeals’ in advertising.
- Thompson is a senior at Southeast High School, where he has developed an interest in social psychology, intelligence and positive psychology.
- As undergraduate psychology majors universally learn, at its core, all psychology is social psychology.
- More example sentences
- It was not until the 1970s that cognitive psychologists and social psychologists showed a heightened interest once again in experimental investigations of eyewitness testimony and identification.
- More interpersonally oriented social psychologists and cultural anthropologists view emotions as being created among people.
- Longstanding research by the team and by the other social psychologists shows that people tend to see groups they're not a part of as more homogeneous than their own group, a phenomenon known as the ‘outgroup homogeneity effect.’
More definitions of social psychologyDefinition of social psychology in:
- The British & World English dictionary