Definition of soda fountain in English:
1A device that dispenses soda water or soft drinks.
- As a special treat we were given gale beer, diluted with soda water (the soda fountain was carried up to Levisham village or Whitby to be refilled!
- Growing up in working-class Hawthorne, Calif. - his father drove a cab, his mother worked behind the soda fountain at a drugstore - Mr. Gioia was surrounded by people who did not go to college.
- The soda fountain and red vinyl booths are perfect accompaniments to meatloaf, cheeseburgers, and milk shakes.
1.1A shop or counter selling drinks from a soda fountain.
- Older Americans can remember when a soda fountain and a counter that sold ice cream sundaes and milk shakes denned a drugstore.
- He had met Annabell Thomson during the war at the soda fountain in the Montgomery Drug Store, and in 1947 they married.
- The shop is decorated like an old soda fountain.
Definition of soda fountain in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan