nounNorth American • informal
- A farmer or farm worker who plows the land.More example sentences
- The alliance of South and West - Georgia planters and Illinois sodbusters - that had dominated American politics since Jefferson's day splintered, then collapsed.
- It was a place for the many cowpunchers, panhandlers, and sodbusters to come in and enjoy themselves.
- From the style of the cowboys and cattlemen, the film's chief antagonists, to the salt-of the-earth sodbusters, the film's look was often inspired by Frederic Remington's work.
More definitions of sodbusterDefinition of sodbuster in:
- The British & World English dictionary