1Of or containing sodium.
- A scintillometer could make a radiometric survey at the same time which would distinguish potassic from sodic granites.
- The Lake George center, for instance, had three emplacements, one potassic, another sodic, and yet another with a mixed composition.
- There are no secondary sodic phases present, and no observed albitization of potassium feldspar, suggesting only limited Na mobility.
1.1 Mineralogy (Of mineral, rock, or soil) containing a higher proportion of sodium than usual.
- Students use standard procedures to qualify saline and sodic soils, observe salt and sodium effects on water percolation, and conduct a bioassay of incrementally-degraded soils with plants of varying salt-tolerance.
- For saline and sodic soil which are more deficient in nutrients, it is necessary to apply about 20-25 per cent higher dose of ‘N’ than the normal soils.
- Improving soil tilth and permeability by adding gypsum is only accomplished in sodic soils.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of sodic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.