Definition of sodic in English:
1Of or containing sodium.
- A scintillometer could make a radiometric survey at the same time which would distinguish potassic from sodic granites.
- The Lake George center, for instance, had three emplacements, one potassic, another sodic, and yet another with a mixed composition.
- There are no secondary sodic phases present, and no observed albitization of potassium feldspar, suggesting only limited Na mobility.
1.1 Mineralogy (Of mineral, rock, or soil) containing a higher proportion of sodium than usual.
- Students use standard procedures to qualify saline and sodic soils, observe salt and sodium effects on water percolation, and conduct a bioassay of incrementally-degraded soils with plants of varying salt-tolerance.
- For saline and sodic soil which are more deficient in nutrients, it is necessary to apply about 20-25 per cent higher dose of ‘N’ than the normal soils.
- Improving soil tilth and permeability by adding gypsum is only accomplished in sodic soils.
Definition of sodic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan