- A soluble white powder used in fire extinguishers and effervescent drinks and as a leavening agent in baking. Also called baking soda.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: NaHCO3
- They also demonstrated the use of fire extinguishers with chemicals such as sodium bicarbonate and diluted sulphuric acid.
- The fizz comes from the production of carbon dioxide gas that is created when sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) reacts with acids.
- Traditional treatment of ethylene glycol poisoning consists of sodium bicarbonate, ethanol, and hemodialysis.
More definitions of sodium bicarbonateDefinition of sodium bicarbonate in:
- The British & World English dictionary