- A white alkaline compound with many commercial applications including the manufacture of soap and glass. Also called washing soda.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: Na2CO3
- Holmes returned to his bench and quickly replaced the hydrochloric acid, sulphuric acid, and sodium carbonate to their proper storage locations.
- Heating and agitation, after the introduction of sodium carbonate, precipitated calcium carbonate, and waste material settled.
- At temperatures above 300°F, sodium bicarbonate decomposes into sodium carbonate (a more stable substance), water, and carbon dioxide.
More definitions of sodium carbonateDefinition of sodium carbonate in:
- The British & World English dictionary