Definition of sodomy in English:
- Except for one male, all the sailors were found guilty of adultery, sodomy and fraternization.
- Many states have managed to decriminalize sodomy without instituting gay marriage.
- Perhaps if tolerance were widely accepted it might lead to efforts to decriminalize sodomy.
- Example sentences
- Descriptors of sexual abuse included being forced to have sex, being molested or fondled against one's will, or being raped or sodomized.
- But even earlier, in the bedroom scene between the two lovers, Marcus had declared his desire to sodomise Alex.
Middle English: from medieval Latin sodomia, from late Latin peccatum Sodomiticum 'sin of Sodom' (after Gen. 19:5, which implies that the men of Sodom practiced homosexual rape) (see Sodom).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.