- Iron that has a low carbon content and is easily magnetized and demagnetized, used to make the cores of solenoids and other electrical equipment.More example sentences
- The first Damascus steels were made by twisting two strands of thick wire - one of soft iron, the second a primitive form of steel - into a rope.
- For the length of the blade was run with serpentine interlace, the hard and soft iron twisted together - a union of strong and flexible.
- The principle consists simply of a smooth flat blade of soft iron, set in a frame and fed with sharp sand and water.
More definitions of soft ironDefinition of soft iron in:
- The British & World English dictionary