- A loan, typically one to a developing country, made on terms very favorable to the borrower.More example sentences
- According to the directorate, the government is estimated to receive at least about US $1 billion in aid grants from foreign countries, with the balance in the form of soft loans.
- The foreign exchange component to cover the cost of equipment and services would be covered with Soviet soft loans and long-term credit.
- More significant aid in the form of soft loans for reconstruction will follow later to help the Grenadian people.
More definitions of soft loanDefinition of soft loan in:
- The British & World English dictionary