Kind and compassionate.
- Although 55 cats for which she cared have been adopted in the last 16 months, not every cat the soft-hearted Alcorn takes in is adoptable.
- Darker and more harrowing is Saved starring Scottish veterans Irene McCallum and Edith McArthur in a poignant tale of a soft-hearted young nurse on a dementia ward.
- I am probably what I consider to be one of the new generations of soft-hearted parents who like to be intimately involved in every aspect of my children's lives.
kind, kindly, tenderhearted, tender, gentle, sympathetic, compassionate, humane;
generous, indulgent, lenient, merciful, benevolent
- Example sentences
- ‘I heard them after the game say that we were denying them four points during the match… that's the ruthlessness of it, there was no soft-heartedness, and say ‘let's give Carlow a point.’
- Even though the end of the 18th century was hardly a time of soft-heartedness towards society's more unfortunate members, politicians were genuinely aghast at the statistics which started to emerge.
- I have learned that soft-heartedness means, simply, that you have learned to live inside a lovely truth: that giving is the same as receiving, and that learning to receive is learning to give.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.