- A plant of a genus that includes the potato and woody nightshade.
More example sentences
- Genus Solanum, family Solanaceae
- ‘While it is perfectly possible to keep both alive, without going to considerable trouble come next Christmas the poinsettia won't have red leaves and the solanum will have highly poisonous berries’ she says.
- In the morelloid clade, the concentrations of these compounds decrease dramatically as fruit matures, while in many members of the spiny solanums, concentrations remain high at fruit ripeness.
- The solanum is one of two that I got in tubs when we were trying to sell the house last year.
More definitions of solanumDefinition of solanum in:
- The British & World English dictionary