1Radiant energy emitted by the sun.
- Now, solar energy is actually nuclear energy; it is radiation.
- During combustion, the fuel alcohol releases the embodied solar energy of photosynthesis and emits water and carbon dioxide.
- We are harvesting what the plant produced using photosynthesis to convert solar energy into chemical energy stored in the form of oils, carbohydrates and protein.
1.1 another term for solar power.
- While the prototype will run on diesel, the group has come up with renewable energy alternatives involving wind and solar energy depending on the global position of the product.
- People are now using solar energy for heating, water supply, and running fax and STD systems.
- It can be powered by any heat source including solar energy thus bypassing fuel cells.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: so·lar en·er·gy
Definition of solar energy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.