Definition of soldier beetle in English:
An elongated flying beetle with soft downy wing cases, typically found on flowers where it hunts other insects.
- Family Cantharidae: several genera
- Two girls watch soldier beetles mating, the male expressively raising his middle two legs on either side now and then.
- Her husband, Kenneth, was a mail carrier who happened to be a renowned connoisseur of soldier beetles.
- But other good beetles, like the soldier beetle and the common ground beetle, inhabit local yards.
Definition of soldier beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.