- 1Solmization.More example sentences
- Solfège was created in the 10th Century to help monks to easily learn the chants for the mass.
- That was a song that introduces the musical alphabet called ‘solfège’.
- 1.1An exercise in singing using solmization syllables.More example sentences
- Get into a practicing mindset: Add Solfège to your daily practicing routine and develop your own exercises.
- Traditionally, solfège is taught in a series of exercises of gradually increasing difficulty, each of which is also known as a "solfège".
- 2The study of singing and musicianship using solmization syllables.More example sentences
- In the 1600's the French standardized the use of solfège as we know it today.
- A child prodigy, he won the first prize for solfège at the Paris Conservatoire when he was seven.
- Another positive aspect of using Solfege is that it will help to improve your sight reading skills - not only in terms of singing but also on your instrument.
early 20th century: French, from Italian solfeggio.
More definitions of solfègeDefinition of solfège in:
- The British & World English dictionary